Kino Flo CFX-4808 (CFX4808, CFX 4808, CFX/4808, cfx-4808) Flathead 80 Fixture
What is a Flathead 80? Basically, the Flathead 80 is a hybrid Kino Flo. Its design adds flexibility and versatilty to the popular 4Bank portable system with the outsized soft light quality you’d expect from a large fixture like the Image 85.
It can be hand-held, mounted on a light stand or hoisted from rigging points to work as a cool, energy efficient coop light.
Here are some standard features:
The 8-Lamp Fixture
• Aluminum alloy fixture housing
• Reflector, Gel Frame, Louver
• Twist-on Center Mount
• True Match® daylight, tungsten
The High Output Ballast (X2)
• Select and Select/DMX
• HO/Standard switching
• Flicker-free, remote operation
• Individual lamp control
Flathead 80 System Highlights
• 8-Lamp remote fixture
• Fixture includes Reflector, Louver, and Cardholders
• Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps, plus visual effects color lamps
• Mounts to junior stand or light enough to screw to a wall or ceiling
• Removable center mount
• Fixture runs up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
• High-output, flicker-free ballasts
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• Individual lamp switching - no color shift
• HO/Std switching
• UL listed, CE approved
The Flathead 80 system was designed as a softlight source that can be plugged into the wall on location. With its narrow profile and size, the Flathead 80 can approximate the quality of light from bounced sources without losing set space.
The Flathead 80 system was designed to be compatible with the popular 4ft 4Bank components. In some situations more light was required and users were stacking 2 x 4ft 4Banks. Initial concept for the Flathead 80 was to make it out of plastic like the 4ft 4Bank, but because of its size, the final design called out for a metal wrapper.
Since many customers and rental houses already had 4ft 4Bank components in their stock, Kino Flo decided to use 2 x 4Bank ballasts instead of creating a Flathead 80 ballast. The advantage of this approach is that it increases rental utility, minimizes investment and allows for individual lamp control.