Kino Flo CFX-9604 (CFX9604, CFX 9604, CFX/9604, cfx-9604) 8ft Mega 4Bank Fixture
The 8ft and 6ft Mega 4Bank DMX lighting systems are the largest portable soft lights designed by Kino Flo. They give the cinematographer or lighting designer a unique soft light that cannot be easily duplicated with traditional luminaires.
Lightweight and cool in operation, they can be hand-held, attached directly to a set wall, or stand mounted.
The 4-Lamp Mega Fixture
• Built-in Barndoors
• Removable Reflector, Louver and Lamp Harness
• Twist-on Locking Center Mount
• True Match® daylight, tungsten
The High Output Ballast
• Mega 4Bank DMX
• Flicker-free, HO/Std switching
• Individual lamp control
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• Remote operation
Mega 4Bank DMX System Highlights
• 4-Lamp remote fixture w/ built-in barndoors
• Fixture includes Reflector, Louver (x2), and removable Harness
• Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps
• Mounts to a stand, light enough to screw to a wall
• Removable center mount
• Fixture or lamps w/ harness run up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
• High output, flicker-free ballast
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• DMX and manual lamp switching - no color shift
• HO/Std switching
• DMX has "Auto Terminate" feature
• Same ballast runs 6ft and 8ft lamps
• UL listed, CE approved
It was designed in this manner to allow the greatest flexibility when working on film production where the gaffer and DP are constantly being challenged to light unique locations and problem solve at a moment's notice.
Sometimes size does matter, so Kino Flo introduced a larger version of its popular 2ft and 4ft Select 4Bank lighting systems.
The new line is called "Mega", as opposed to "Select", and uses 6ft and 8ft T-12 bi-pin Lamps. The Mega series gives broader coverage to large areas, especially when using silks, backlighting photographic panels or building soft boxes to light automobiles or other large objects.
Even though it is a large source, the Mega 4Bank 8ft system only draws 7 Amps at 120vac and can plug into any wall socket on location. With its narrow profile, the Mega 4Bank can approximate the quality of light from bounced sources and create a tremendous amount of "wrap".
The Mega 4Bank fixture houses the lamps and is comprised of a removable Louver (x2), Reflector, and Lamp Harness.
Note: The 8ft fixtures include two 4ft Louvers; the 6ft fixtures include two 3ft Louvers.
The Louver and Reflector are held in place with Velcro fasteners. There is a strain relief on the lamp harness to ensure the connectors don’t pull off the lamps during operation. To get the harness away from the fixture, turn the ¼ turn fastener and rotate counter-clockwise to release.