FIX-4802 4ft Double Fixture Shell
Award-winning 4ft 4Bank portable lighting systems have changed the way professionals light everything from feature films to television productions to video and still photography.
4Bank System Highlights
• 4-Lamp remote fixture w/ built-in barndoors
• Fixture includes removable Lamp Harness, Reflector and Louver
• Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps, plus visual effects color lamps
• Mounts to stand, light enough to tape to wall
• Removable center mount
• Fixture or lamps w/ harness run up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
• High output, flicker-free ballasts
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• Individual lamp switching - no color shift
• HO/Std switching
• Same ballast runs 4ft and 2ft lamps
• Operates at 1/2 the power of conventional tungsten softlights
• UL listed, CE approved
Fixture can be used in several configurations:
1) Complete fixture with all components combined.
2) "Harness Only" - The wiring harness is removed from the fixture so that the user can build a softbox, hide behind Plexiglass or rig into tight locations. The wiring harness uses Kino Flo designed lamp connectors that grab the lamp pins so lamps can be operated independently of the fixture.
3) "Harness + Reflector" - Same as above, but may want to use the reflector to give more punch and direction to the light.
4) Can use Louver to give direction to the light or remove louver to give broad coverage over an area, such as lighting blue and green screens etc.
The fixtures can take a variety of lamps. They can be used as a daylight source by using Kino Flo KF55 lamps or a tungsten source using Kino Flo KF32 or KF29 lamps. A variety of visual effects for blue and green screen as well as designer colors are available.
Kino Flo lamps are color-correct and safety-sleeved. The lamps are safety-sleeved because they can operate inside the fixture or independently with only the wiring harness. Additionally, on a production set the lamps are often changed out. The safety-sleeving offers protection during lamp changes for the user as well as the talent on the set.