MTP-K81 Kino 81 Mount w/ Junior Pin (28mm)
Mega 4Bank DMX System Highlights
• 4-Lamp remote fixture w/ built-in barndoors
• Fixture includes Reflector, Louver (x2), and removable Harness
• Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps
• Mounts to a stand, light enough to screw to a wall
• Removable center mount
• Fixture or lamps w/ harness run up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
• High output, flicker-free ballast
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• DMX and manual lamp switching - no color shift
• HO/Std switching
• DMX has "Auto Terminate" feature
• Same ballast runs 6ft and 8ft lamps
• UL listed, CE approved
Fixture can be used in several configurations:
1) Complete fixture with all components combined.
2) "Harness Only" - The wiring harness is removed from the fixture so that the user can build a softbox, hide behind Plexiglass or rig into tight locations. The wiring harness uses Kino Flo designed lamp connectors that grab the lamp pins so lamps can be operated independently of the fixture.
3) "Harness + Reflector" - Same as above, but may want to use the reflector to give more punch and direction to the light.
4) Can use Louver to give direction to the light or remove louver to give broad coverage over an area, such as lighting over a car, motorcycle or other large objects.
The fixtures can be used as a daylight source by using Kino Flo KF55 lamps or a tungsten source using Kino Flo KF32 lamps.
Kino Flo lamps are color-correct and safety-sleeved. The lamps are safety-sleeved because they can operate inside the fixture or independently with only the wiring harness. Additionally, on a production set the lamps are often changed out. The safety-sleeving offers protection during lamp changes for the user as well as the talent on the set.
One of the design features that makes the fixture so popular is the Twist-on Center Mount (MTP-K81). When it's on, the fixture mounts easily to a light stand; when it's off, the fixture is flat and can be hand-held or hidden in a space too small to place a stand-mounting fixture. When the mount is removed, the grommet holes along the edge of the fixture are designed to allow the fixture to be screwed to a wall or ceiling through its eyelets.
The standard mount (MTP-K81) comes with a 1 1/8" (28mm) lollipop that mounts to a junior stand or junior receiver. The ball and socket mount allows the fixture to be oriented in a broad range of angles. The silver ring wire loops are there to provide attachment points for a safety chain.