The AS 40 is an improved replacement for the seasoned ARRISUN 40/25. It is an 1800 W PAR style lamphead, combining industry-standard ARRISUN features with the innovative TRUE BLUE design. The result is an exciting new class of HMI, as small as a 1200W PAR but with a 70 percent higher light output. The AS 18 uses the same lenses, cables and accessories as the ARRISUN 12, and has similar beam spreads. For compatibility, the lamphead can even be used with a 1200 W lamp and powered by either the purpose-designed EB 1200/1800 or any ARRI 1200 W ballast.
In line with the AS 18’s sister product, the M18, it is also possible to convert to lens-less operation by fitting an ARRI MAX style reflector, giving a 20 to 60° beam spread.
When used with the ARRI 1200/1800 Electronic Ballast, the CCL (Compensation of Cable Losses) system maintains full power to the lamp even when using ‘head-to-ballast’ cables up to 100 m long, which would otherwise mean a 20% loss of output. In offices and domestic situations, the AS18 requires no generator. Drawing less than 13 A from a 230 V supply, it can run on most domestic sockets in 230 V countries. It is the perfect HMI to keep “in the back of the car”.
- Uses existing ARRISUN 1200 lenses
- New 1800 W lamp
- Virtually the same size as a 1200 W lamphead but more than 70% brighter
- Runs from most domestic sockets world-wide
- Uses existing 575/1200 cables
- Can also be used with 1200 W lamps and ballasts
- Cross cooling allows safe operation at any tilt angle
- TRUE BLUE tilt lock holds even heavy Chimeras
- Easy maintenance
- Protection class IP 23