New Panasonic AU-EVA1 compact cinema camera
Brand new, compact and lightweight, the AU-EVA1 featuring 5.7K Super 35 mm Sensor is tailor-made for handheld shooting, but also well suited for documentaries, commercials, and music videos.
– 5.7K Super 35mm sensor (5720×3016)
– 14 stops of dynamic range
– Dual sensitivity ISO 800 & 2500
– EF Mount
– 4K 10 bit 4:2:2 & RAW
5.7K Super 35mm Sensor
– Our compact and lightweight cinema camera, the AU-EVA1 contains a newly designed 5.7K Super 35mm-sized (5720×3016, approx. 17.25 million pixels) sensor for capturing true cinematic images.
– By starting at a higher native resolution, the 5.7K sensor yields a higher resolving image when down sampled to 4K, UHD, 2K, and even 720p.
– The increased colour information results in a finer, more accurate finished image.
Dual Native ISO of 800 & 2500
– The EVA1 includes dual native ISO like the VariCam 35, VariCam LT and VariCam Pure.
– Utilising a process that allows the sensor to be read in a fundamentally different way, dual native ISO extracts more information from the sensor without degrading the image.
– This results in a camera that can switch from a standard sensitivity to a high sensitivity without an increase in noise, or other artifacts.
– Dual native ISO is allowing cinematographers to use less light on set, saving time and money, as well as allowing for a great variety of artistic choices.
V-Log / V-Gamut
– The ability to capture accurate colours and rich skin tones is a must for any filmmaker.
– Like the VariCam line-up of cinema cameras, the EVA1 contains V-Log/V-Gamut capture to deliver high dynamic range and broad colours with a capability of creating 14 stops of dynamic range.
– V-Log has log curve characteristics that are somewhat reminiscent of negative film and V-Gamut delivers a colour space even larger than film.
– The EVA1 will also import the celebrated colourimetry of the VariCam line.
High Frame Rate Recording 4K 60 fps/2K 240 fps
– Users can choose between MOV wrapped codecs up to 10-bit 422 even in 4K, as well as AVCHD.
– Capturing internally in 4K, UHD, 2K, Full HD and HD, the EVA1 offers up to 59.94fps/50fps for 4K/UHD, up to 120fps/100fps for 2K/Full HD, or 240fps/200fps (cropped area) for high-speed capturing.
Cinematic Run & Gun
– Weighing only 1.2Kg (body-only) with a compact form factor (17cm x 13.5cm x 13.3cm) and a removable handgrip, EVA1 can be used for efficient handheld shooting applications and can also be mounted on a drone, gimbal rig, or jib arm for complex yet smooth camera moves.
– The adjustable handgrip offers several controls, including menu, REC start/stop, iris and two user defined buttons. The LCD monitor features a touch-panel function and allows flexible mounting.
Low-Cost Media / SD Card Recording
– EVA1 records to two SD card slots, with the option to capture footage with Relay Rec (continuous record) or Simul Rec (simultaneous dual record).
– There’s also one shot record, which enables single frame video for stop motion capture.
– The camera utilises a native EF-mount, giving shooters access to the broad EF lens ecosystem, including dozens of cinema-style prime and zoom lenses from numerous manufacturers.
E.I.S. & Integrated ND Filters
– Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) is employed to compensate for camera shake and blurring, which will help smooth out handheld or shoulder-mount shots on documentary or run-and-gun projects.
– Behind the lens mount, an integrated ND filter wheel in 2, 4, and 6 stops allows for precise exposure control.
– The EVA1 also allows the IR Cut filter to be swung out of the path to the sensor at the push of a button.
– Unique photographic effects and night vision imagery are possible with this control over infrared.
– As a professional video production tool, the EVA1 offers dual balanced XLR audio inputs with Dolby Audio™ encoding. 4K-capable video outputs in both HDMI and SDI.
– Each can be adjusted separately, allowing HD to be fed to a viewfinder or other third-party monitor while 4K is sent to an outboard recorder or monitor.
– Timecode In/Out is also supported on the EVA1 unlike some other cameras in its class.
– With the addition of the AJ-WM50 WIFI adapter, all EVA1 menu functions can be controlled remotely on IOS or Android using the dedicated app.
Pre-order your Panasonic AU-EVA1 Cinema Compact Camera today and get Sandisk SDSDXXG-064G-GN4IN memory card and Hedbox RP-VBD78 Info-Lithium Battery worth over £120.00, plus free delivery!*
*Valid for only ten orders for this VIP online exclusive, sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Delivery expected 28th October, 2017.
Secure yours with a deposit of £98.00 (exc. VAT).